The World Head Of
Family Sokeship Council
GRANDMASTER MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
WORLD HEAD OF FAMILY SOKESHIP COUNCIL (WHFSC) REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES FOR RECOGNITION AS LINEAGE HOLDER OR FOUNDER
(Revised 5-23-2009 under the direction of Grandmaster Ian Cyrus in San Antonio, Texas)
1. The prospective applicant must be the heir-apparent of a prominent-recognizable martial art discipline or the Founder of an art of national/ international notoriety
2. The prospective applicant must seek a written recommendation from at least two current council members
3. The application shall consist of the following:
- A statement (letter) of intent as to why the applicant wants to be a member of the WHFSC
- A personal and martial art resume and or biography and chronology detailing the applicant's martial arts experience and history. Gaps in the chronology must be mitigated by a detailed explanation
- Copies of certificates, letters of recommendation, and or awards consistent with the applicant's resume and or biography must be submitted
- A curriculum detailing the content of his/ her art with respect to its principles, concepts, methodologies, and technical aspects
- A bibliography of all publications
Note: The applicant must highlight the uniqueness of his/ her system and how it contributes to the field or community of martial arts. In other words, the art must contain signature skills that are unique to it. Additionally, the candidate must have distinguished him/ herself within his/ her particular discipline, i.e., the candidate's reputation must speak for itself
4. The application will be reviewed by the WHFSC Credentials and Membership Review Committee. Once review is complete, a consensus statement will be issued with commentary and a firm recommendation with respect to recognition and membership
5.The applicant shall be informed of the committee's decision within fourteen business days of said decision
6. The committee may elect to recommend one of the following: * Fully approve the candidate's application * Require the candidate to appear before the committee in person, at the WHFSC annual event to demonstrate his/ her art * Refer the candidate to a prominent member of WHFSC to serve as mentor for an undetermined period of time after which, the candidate may re-petition the WHFSC following a firm recommendation from the mentor * Rejection of the applicant's application
7. Once the application is approved, the candidate must attend the next upcoming WHFSC Annual Awards Banquet and Grandmasters symposium and participate in a oral interview and make a public presentation of his/ her art
By submitting this application you hereby give permission to the WORLD HEAD OF FAMILY SOKESHIP COUNCIL to investigate your background. If any information is proven to be false after membership is issued, the WHFSC has the right to revoke and cancel your membership.
Click the below link, save it to your computer then open it from the saved folder, fill out the requirements and send.
Fill out the application and e-mail it to: gmfrankEsanchez@gmail.com If there is a problem emailing this file, please save it to your hard drive and mail it as an attachment. Thank you for your interest in WHFSC membership.
Please include copies of all pertinent certificates in which you claim rank, as well as your present certificate of ranking along with bio. and photo. This information may be sent via e-mail or snail mail to: P.O. Box 8395, Jacksonville, FL. 32239